My Guilty Pleasure

It lurks in the dark hallways of the local mall, on the sidewalk at the corner store, in the food court next to Taco Land, and near the bathrooms at the movie theater.  Like one of Pavlov's dogs, I see the blinking lights and hear the sound of the bell and I instinctively start searching, hoping to find a quarter. Just. One. Quarter.

The coin drops and it's activated. For one glorious moment I am transported. I am no longer a fingerless, one eyed, pink, ugly monster, created to serve at Kim's beck and call.  I am a race car driver, a cowboy, a school bus driver, the whole world is my carnival!! I throw my head back and howl at the moon (or at the florescent, flickering Pretzel Hut sign).

How is it that a simple driving mechanism hidden under a vacuum formed plastic cover can do this to me?

My guilty pleasure.

3 comments:

  1. I wish Meh did these blogs more often. I think he needs a girlfriend!

    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Has Meh been on the Mehry-Go-Round yet? I think he would like it. Maybe he should take his new girlfriend Kate.

    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Kate...I am going to start posting each week, starting next week. I hope you like them. What's your phone number?
    Meh.

    ReplyDelete

Please comment. My self esteem is at risk here...Meh.